Tuesday 16 December 2014

Makeup Dash | Boots Drugstore Makeup Haul

Blogmas Day 16

I've had a lovely little outing today with my mum and brother as we all had the day off work, so we thought we would take advantage of this fact and headed to the cinemas and then around a few of the local shops. I needed to go into Boots for a few bits and left with more (as you always do!) here is what I picked up today. 



This is Clarins Gentle Daycream for Sensitive Skins £37

When I pumped out my moisturiser this morning I could tell it was coming to the end so thought I would pick this up then I won't be stuck without when it no doubt runs out over Xmas. I'm a big Clarins fan and find there moisturisers work great on me, they don't break me out and give me the hydration I need without making my face look like a big oily mess. It is on the pricey side however when it comes to what I put onto my face I'm willing to pay that bit extra to make sure I get it right. 



Estée Lauder Doublewear foundation in Shade 2N1 Desert Beige £29.50

As I've said in my previous posts this is my all time fave, holy grail foundation! I cannot be without this and I've totally run out of this earlier on in the week and need it for the party season! I apply mine with a damp beauty sponge and it really does last all day with the same finish as when you first applied it, no touch ups needed!



Impulse buy number one is this Rimmel Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara in Extreme Black £6.99

Now this is one I'd never really heard anything about before but I wanted to try out some cheaper mascaras as I'm forever on the hunt for the ultimate mascara! This one fit the price range I was looking at, and the brush is one I like with natural bristles. The wand head isn't too big so you will get mascara all over your Lisa but it's big enough to inject lots of volume into the base and really lift them.  I will let you know how I get on with this. 


Maybelline Instant Anti Age Perfect and Cover Concealer in Light £7.99

I had this a while back, probably this time last year after recommendations from so many people, and I really enjoyed using it so fancied picking another one up. I completely used my old one up. This concealer really is great for under eye circles as it covers yet is light reflecting so doesn't like you've caked your dark circles lol!



Barry M Dazzledust in No.27 Gold Iridescent £4.59

When I was a young teen I was all about these dazzledusts but since the turn of the decade they've been pretty much off the radar, they definitely don't have as big of a selection as they used to have. But I've been searching for a gold shimmery pigment to create some holiday eye looks with and didn't really want to pay the extortionate prices which some brands charge when I wasn't 100% sure how it would turn out, and that's when I remembered these little lovelies. This colour is a champagne gold with lots of sparkle, I'm hoping it will impress me and I will be able to share some eye looks with you!

I love reading and posting hauls and I can't wait to play with my new bits!

Until next time, 








No comments :

Post a Comment