Tuesday 9 December 2014

My Moving Out Experience | Part 2

Blogmas Day 9




Here is the 2nd part in my moving out series. My last post finished where we had just received the news we were now able to complete on ur house....so heres the next chapter...
The week we got back from our holiday we had numerous meetings scheduled to finalise everything. We went to see the solicitors on the Tuesday where they went through all the legal aspects and we signed for our house! There was a lot to take in and I'm still not sure I really understand everything they were on about ha! She did advise us to have a viewing of the house though just to make sure everything was still ok before we completed. We viewed the house on Thursday morning and everything was fine and I was so excited I didn't want to leave. Later that day I received the news that all the money had been transferred and we were going to complete the next day (Friday.) Friday morning came and I was going to work so really apprehensive that everything wouldn't go smoothly. At 11.15am I received a picture message from my boyfriend of the keys to our new house!!! YAY!! He got the call everything was sorted and we were now the legal owners. After all we had been through I was so relieved I actually cried!

I raced home from work this day straight to our new home where I met my boyfriend and we opened the door for the first time! Nothing feels so good knowing that you actually own the property you'd been dreaming of for so long. Even though there was nothing in the house we literally just stayed there going round the different rooms and talking and enjoying our space. When it came to leaving I really didn't want to but knew we couldn't possibly stay, so we reluctantly left. The next day we arranged to have both my boyfriends and my family round for a takeaway and we were going to stay the night with our doggy no a blow up bed. It literally was the most perfect story ever.

The next two weeks were spent decorating the house before we moved in. This included ripping all the carpets up down stairs and laying a hard wood floor, painting every single wall and wallpapering. Some nights we would stay over so we could crack straight on with the work and others we would be coming straight from work to do some jobs before going back. I'm not going to lie it was a very tiring time to always be doing something but I'm so happy we did get everything done before we actually moved in.

We set a moving date of Saturday 14th June. My boyfriend was working in he morning so we roped all friends and family into helping us move. I never knew we had so much rubbish! After a hard day we sat down on our new sofa with the tv on and ordered a pizza and chilled out! It was so surreal sitting there after dreaming about it for all this time.

Next chapter...Living the dream

I hope you enjoyed this different style

of post with a little insight into my life.

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment