Saturday 13 December 2014

Primer Love

Blogmas Day 13


I'm a bit behind on the whole primer malarky as you can see from my tiny collection! But these 3 I absolutely adore.


First up is l'oreal's Lumi Magique primer. I purchased this after seeing numerous YouTubers using this and raving about how comparable it was to Mac's strobe cream. I was a bit apprehensive about trying it out as I didn't want my face to look like an oil slick (who does lol!?) But I had no need to worry this primer just gives an incredible dewy glow to your skin. I can't really comment on if it makes your foundation stay on any longer as I've never used it without a longwear foundation, but it is great for adding radiance.


And on that note of adding radiance, this next one does just that. This is Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm. I pinched this from my mum a while back as I was staying over for the night and forgot my moisturiser. This primer does both jobs, it moisturisers and primes the face ready for makeup. You do have to work with it quickly so apply to your face section by section as you're applying your foundation. It makes your skin feel lovely and hydrated and again makes your skin look brighter. I also love this one as you can apply a thicker layer and leave it on for 15 mins as a boosting mask which I sometimes like to do in the bath!


And finally we have the ever famous The Porefessional from Benefit. This really is one of the best out there for those suffering from oilyness and large open pores. Its silicone based so it glides over your skin and fills in any imperfections. Now this one really does help your makeup stay put for a good few hours longer than without it.

I would love to hear your recommendations for other primers you love!

Until next time,

2 comments :

  1. Lovely post! oooh the benefit one i love xx
    http://tilililly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Benefit one it's just a bit pricey! I love Rimmel's Fix & Perfect primer

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete