Sunday 7 December 2014

Winter Essentials | Beauty Fashion and Life

Blogmas Day 7

So week one of blogmas is coming to a close, and it's now definitely starting to feel like winter. The temperature has dropped significantly this week and there's been snow predicted for this coming week yay!! With this being said I thought I would bring to you my winter essentials to help you get through the chilly months ahead.
I have included fashion, beauty and then some randoms, I hope you enjoy!


Let's start with Beauty essentials.


St. Ives Apricot scrub. It's essential this time of year to exfoliate our skin 2 times weekly. This one by St. Ives is a favourite of mine since it has gritty particles in there which I find really get rid of any unwanted flakiness. Mine is the blemish fighting one but there are a few different variations you can purchase dependant on your skin type. I buy mine from boots and I think its about £3 so bargain!


Next up, Origins Ginzing Eye Cream. Its not just our face and body that needs moisturising more in the winter. Our eyes are somewhere we often neglect but they too need hydration. I particularly like this one as it has light reflecting particles and a glistening finish which reflect the light and really makes your eyes look brighter.



You cant go wrong with a red lip in winter. Its  a staple to any party look. This deep berry tone by Rimmel is one of my current faves.


To go along with your lippie you need to make sure the lipstick applies flawlessly. By using a good chapstick like this Carmex vanilla one you'll help to eliminate any cracks and dry patches.


Shellac nail colours in Rock Royalty (purple) and Decadence (red.) Tis the season to have great nails. More than any other time of the year, xmas sees people wanting their nails looking glam for parties and the festive season. I use Shellac as it lasts for so long without chipping. These darker colours are great for xmas time as they're a statement colour while still being tonal to alot of this seasons 'it' colour trends. I also enjoy glittery nails for xmas day and new years eve!!

Onto fashion...


Statment necklaces have been around for quite a while now and they don't look asif they're going anywhere anytime soon. The pink and gold one on the left I got from Topshop and was £16. While this silver coin number was only £2.99 from ebay! Both will jazz up any outfit and make you look super glam!




Kurt Geiger suede knee high boots. Over the knee boots have really stepped it up a gear this winter. It seems everyone is wearing them, whether they be flats like mine or with a heel, there's plenty varieties out there to suit all tastes. I've been wearing mine constantly, just watch out if you get suede not to wear them out in the snow!



Simple winter neccesities are a good hat and scarf to keep you toastie warm! I got this black beanie from River Island for £13.99 and I like this one 'cos it has the fluffy bobble on the end. And a scarf is a no brainer. This tartan number I got lsast year from Primark for a steal of £4.


Fur winter coat from Topshop. This was a christmas gift a couple of years ago. I have a thing for fur and as soon as I saw this I knew I wanted it. You can't go wrong with a fur coat they will always be in fashion and they'll keep you snug as a bug as well as looking super stylish. This one is great to put on over your party dresses to then take it off and WOW everyone with your party frock on underneath ha!


And talking party frocks, this Lipsy midi dress is one I've picked up this year and I think I'm going to save for New Years Eve! I got this in the sale at Next for £37. The picture does nothing for this dress its such a stunner! Its blue glittery and just catches the light perfectly. Its ruches in at one side of the waist and I can't believe just how perfect it looks on, I'm sure there will be pictures to come!

And finally onto some other randoms:
Xmas films- whio doesn't love a good Home Alone-a-thon
Xmas songs- My all time fave is 'So here it is merry christmas everybodies having fuunnnn...'
Boyfriend- to snuggle up to and keep warm, and to chaffeur you around all the parties!
Mince pies-self explanatory yum yum
Mulled wine-as above :)

I've really enjoyed putting this post together and really think I should be Mrs Clause!
I'd love to know some of your essentials to help you get through winter!

Until next time,

2 comments :

  1. I'm absolutely in love with the boots and fur coat! So pretty! I love fur coats so much, because it's so fashionable, and keeps you warm at the same time! :)

    WWW.THEFASHIONINSIGHT.COM / OUTFIT OF THE DAY - WHITE LAYERING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree with the dry eye symptoms of winter! Boots Vitamin C eye-cream is really good for a budget friendly option!

    I'm also currently giving away a Naked Palette Dupe by Makeup Revolution London if anyone is interested: HERE

    Dandy Girl x

    ReplyDelete