Saturday 6 December 2014

Worth The Hype? | Real Techniques Makeup Sponge

Blogmas Day 6


Another day another post. Today I'm going to be talking to all you lovely people about the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. About 18 months ago now I was curious about different ways of applying my foundation, rather than the classic foundation brush, or a stipling brush. I first stumbled across the Beauty Blender after seeing numerous YouTubers rave on about it. So obviously I bought one. Fast forward a year and I had gone through 2 Beauty Blenders (no-one wants a dirty bacteria fuelled sponge lol eww!) It was time I purchased a clean one but I just couldn't bring myself to splurge another £18. It just so happened that Casey Holmes posted a video reviewing Beauty Blender alternatives, the Real Techniques Sponge being one of them. After hearing how comparable she thought they were I thought I might as well go and try this out. I got mine for £5.99 from Boots, which is a much better price tag. At first I though it wouldn't be as good, however to my surprise, it applied my foundation like a dream.


Please excuse my foundation covered one, I wanted to show you the size comparison of a damp one to a fresh one.

How to use:
This sponge can be used damp or dry to apply foundation. I squeeze mine underneath a running tap for a good minute, until it has about doubled in size and absorbed plenty water, before ringing out all the excess. I then dot my foundation over my face and bounce the largest part of the sponge all over my face. I then use the little pointed side to pop my concealer underneath my eyes.

The result:
Moisturised, dewy looking, flawless skin even with a matte foundation.

The verdict:
Winner winner chicken dinner lol! This sponge gives the same airbrushed result a Beauty Blender would and for less than half the price! This is one makeup product definitely worth the hype!

Let me know your experiences with the Sponge.

Until next time,

3 comments :

  1. hi there

    amazing blog post... You have a lovely blog post here :)

    would love to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these but i've never tried one. They sound really good. :)
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv recently bought this but not yet used it! Cant wait to try it x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete